Ziegler Aerospace is recruiting Part 21 Design Engineer to provide support to the Engineering department to ensure applying discipline domain expertise to the design, development and delivery of new products, processes and technologies. The Part 21 Design Engineer shall employ the appropriate discipline processes, practices and tools to ensure that responsibilities are completed to meet the required project requirements and discipline quality.
Design Engineer (EASA Part 21)
Duties and responsibilities
- To lead and develop the HR team to deliver a true business partner approach, adding value to the different operations within the organisation.
- Prepare engineering data (drawings, accomplishment instructions, technical and compliance reports, ICA) in accordance with the company’s Design Handbook. Preparation of BOMs.
- Responsible for the delivery of completed modification packages on time and on budget.
- Liaise with customers, suppliers, MROs and the team.
- Undertake all manner of design projects from simple changes to complex STCs.
- Opportunity to work alongside competent and experienced designers and develop own skills.
- To learn and understand other areas of aircraft engineering.
Skills and experience
- Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience within an EASA Part 21 Subpart J Design Organisation.
- In depth knowledge of EASA Part 21J and EASA airworthiness codes (CS 25), related to cabin interior changes.
- Understand and interpret aircraft constructor’s data (aircraft manuals, IPC/AMM/SRM/WDM), drawings, parts lists, reports) for both Airbus and Boeing.
- Have a high sense of pride in their work and strive for continuous improvement.
- Experience with DOA on integrating cabin equipment (galleys, seats, wardrobes, safety equipment, other equipment).
- Experience writing flammability test plans / reports advantageous.
- Fluent in MS Word / Excel and AutoCAD LT (2D).
- Ability to have checked other people’s work for technical accuracy is advantageous.
- Good individual and group project management skills.