If you’re looking for a challenging career with a company that believes its greatest asset is its employees. That excellence and customer service go hand-in-hand with being an industry leader. And that a positive and productive work environment is paramount, we’d love to learn more about you.
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsibilities will include quality training, performing internal audits, maintaining and updating quality certifications, managing corrective action activities, developing and communicating quality goals, gathering and analyzing performance metrics, managing the AS9100 Quality Management System (QMS), and acting as the company’s quality management representative with customers, suppliers, auditors, and regulatory agencies.
- Work collaboratively with company project leads and organizational representatives to provide quality support in the design, fabrication assembly, integration, and test of systems, parts, and components.
- Ensure application of appropriate standards throughout company operations and that project and process control documentation is compliant with requirements. Work directly with customers to support quality requirements. Lead all internal and 3rd party audits.
- Manage quality metrics, trends and activities to improve cost, quality, and schedule performance. Implement a quality culture of root cause analysis and corrective action to prevent future escapes and continuously improve quality.
- Develop quality plans by conducting analyses; identifying critical control points and preventive measures; establishing critical limits; monitoring procedures, corrective actions, and verification procedures; and monitoring inventory quality.
- Prepare quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends including corrective actions, failed processes, recalls, return merchandise and re-validations.
- Conduct periodic reviews of design and quality systems and create improvement cycles based on performance results. Interface with purchasing, engineering, and manufacturing/operations to ensure customer requirements and specifications are flowed down to products and services.
- Support the analysis of supplier performance metrics to recommend supplier approval/selection and sourcing decisions.
- Support the company quality performance rating process to continually improve customer satisfaction.
Skills and experience
- QMS implementation and lead auditing to recognised aerospace standards
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or technical field.
- 3-5 years of aviation related experience, with experience in ISO 9001 / AS9100 Quality/ Quality Management.
- Maintains the highest level of commitment to quality, compliance and internal controls in adherence to company values and ethics.
- Leverages comprehensive metrics, customer and employee feedback to assess performance and risks.
- Demonstrated understanding of the program / product lifecycle in the areas of new business pursuit, design, supply chain management, receiving operations, inventory control, production control, product test evaluation, reliability, root cause analysis, product sell off, and/or shipping and product support as they apply to quality.
- Audit experience, particularly with ISO 9001 / AS9100 Quality Management Systems. Ability to self-manage, set priorities, demonstrate follow-through, and effectively communicate at all levels of an organization.
- Experience with Root Cause Analysis, Risk Management, Aerospace industry; quality or quality auditor certifications; knowledge or familiarity with CMMI